Dr. Randi Hennigan
I'm passionate about connecting with people and experiencing the most out of life. I enjoy taking time for the people, places, and adventures I love and encouraging others to as well.
ContactEmail Dr. Randi Hennigan
Academic and Professional Degrees Earned
- Ph.D., Family Therapy
- M.S., Family Therapy
- B.A., Psychology
My Unique Approach to Education
I enjoy guiding students through an interactive, collaborative process to help them gain confidence in themselves and their abilities as they have fun learning and improving.
I love living in Richardson, Texas with my wonderful husband, Cody, our amazing sheltie named Baxter, and 5 backyard chickens (Lucy, Penny, Eleanor, Irene, and Bernadette)! My husband and I like sharing outdoor adventures together - like canoeing, hiking, camping, biking, fishing, and generally exploring our state, the U.S., and international destinations. We are big gardeners and have several vegetable gardens and fruit trees at our house where we try to obtain much of our food. As much as I love activities and the outdoors, I also enjoy relaxing in my favorite chair with a cup of coffee and a book or having some time to be creative and paint a canvas or two. We also share a love (and sometimes despair) of being Houston Texans fans and, as Baylor Alum, we have certainly been proud to say SIC EM BEARS!
Professionally, I am a Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist and Licensed Professional Counselor. I have a private practice in the Uptown area where I specialize in couples therapy. I enjoy working with couples from a strengths-based approach and appreciate the process of helping couples rediscover the strengths of their relationship and start operating from a hopeful and positive perspective again. I received my PhD in Family Therapy from Texas Woman’s University and completed my dissertation research on couples’ successful conflict resolution methods. I have always enjoyed academia and love working with Amberton faculty, staff, and students who are consistently supportive, innovative, and treat one another like family.
- Master of Arts in Christian Counseling
- Master of Arts in Professional Counseling
- Master of Arts in School Counseling
- Master of Arts in Professional Development
- Master of Business Administration in General Business
- Master of Business Administration in Management
- Master of Business Administration in Project Management
- Master of Business Administration in Strategic Leadership
- Master of Science in Family Studies
- Master of Science in Human Relations and Business
- Master of Science in Human Resources Training & Development
- Master of Science in Managerial Science
- Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy