Bachelor of Science in Human Relations And Business
Degree Plan Details
The Bachelor of Science in Human Relations and Business provides an interdisciplinary degree that balances business administration skills with effective communication and human relations abilities. The broad-based curriculum includes studies in the areas of business, human behavior and communication. Students who graduate with this degree are prepared for a wide range of careers requiring human relations and business acumen along with communication proficiency. The degree program is offered both in the classroom lecture and distance learning modes.
A graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Human Relations and Business will be able to:
- Demonstrate effective communication skills applicable to organizational and business settings.
- Analyze and address contemporary human relations issues from diverse perspectives.
- Apply the technical and cognitive skills necessary to remain relevant in the workplace.
The minimum requirements for a Bachelor of Science in Human Relations and Business are:
- 33 semester hours must be completed at Amberton University.
- 42 semester hours must be at the 3000/4000 level, 27 of which must be completed at Amberton University and applicable to the degree.
- 120 semester hours for a degree.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.00 is required.
|I. General Education Requirements||45 Hours|
|Behavioral Science (Psychology or Sociology)||3 hours|
|Communication (must include oral communication skills)
Selected from: COM3401 or COM4405
|Computer Concepts (fundamentals course)||3 hours|
|English (ENG 1001, 1002 plus 6 hours of writing)
Six (6) hours of writing may be selected from: COM3461 or COM4441 or ENG2006
|History and/or Government||6 hours|
|Natural Science||6 hours|
|II. General Electives||21 Hours|
|III. Major Requirements||54 Hours|
|A. Business Administration
(ACC, BUS, ECO, FIN, MGT, MIS, MKT)
|B. Communication (COM)||15 hours|
|C. Human Behavior and Development (HBD) or Psychology (PSY)||15 hours|
|D. Advanced Electives (3000/4000 level)||9 hours|