Bachelor of Business Administration in Management
Degree Plan Details
The Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Management prepares individuals to assume managerial roles in the business community. The degree enables students to understand the importance of the individual to the company and the relationships among management, employees, customers, suppliers, stockholders, and the public. Emphasis is placed on analyzing opportunities, setting objectives, organizing, motivating, and evaluating performance to meet organizational goals. Broad career opportunities include positions in financial services, economics, personnel, human resources, sales and marketing. The degree program is offered both in the classroom lecture and distance learning modes.
A graduate with a Bachelor of Business Administration in Management will be able to:
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of business principles and practices with application to business and organizational settings.
- Apply the technical and cognitive skills necessary to remain relevant in contemporary management practices and issues.
- Effectively apply the principles of management (planning, organizing, staffing, leading, and controlling resources) to meet goals and objectives.
The minimum requirements for a Bachelor of Business Administration in Management are:
- 33 semester hours must be completed at Amberton University.
- 42 semester hours must be at the 3000/4000 level, 27 of which must be completed at Amberton University and applicable to the degree.
- 120 semester hours for a degree.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.00 is required.
|I. General Education Requirements||45 Hours|
|Behavioral Science (Psychology or Sociology)||3 hours|
|Communication (must include oral communication skills)
Selected from: COM3401 or COM4405
|Computer Concepts (fundamentals course)||3 hours|
|English (ENG 1001, 1002 plus 6 hours of writing)
Six (6) hours of writing may be selected from: COM3461 or COM4441 or ENG2006
|History and/or Government||6 hours|
|Mathematics (1021 and 1022 or the equivalent)||6 hours|
|Natural Science||6 hours|
|II. General Electives||21 Hours|
|III.Major Requirements||54 Hours|
|A. Business Core||24 hours|
|Accounting Principles (ACC)||6 hours|
|Economics Principles (ECO)||6 hours|
|Finance (3000/4000 level) (FIN)||3 hours|
|Marketing (3000/4000 level) (MKT)||3 hours|
|BUS3101 Business Law||3 hours|
|BUS3104 Statistical Analysis I||3 hours|
|B. Management & Business Administration||21 hours|
|Advanced MGT 3000/4000 level courses||15 hours|
|Advanced Business Administration Courses
(ACC, BUS, ECO, FIN, MGT, MIS, MKT)
|C. Advanced Communication and/or Human Behavior & Development courses||9 hours|
|(3000/4000 level COM and/or HBD)|