Bachelor of Arts in Professional Development
Degree Plan Details
The Bachelor of Arts in Professional Development provides a required core of general education courses as well as a broad-based interdisciplinary curriculum that enables the student to select courses that meet individual learning goals. The degree program provides students with the opportunity of designing an interdisciplinary program of study that brings fields of inquiry together in strategic fashion to address educational and professional goals. Students who graduate with this degree will be able to use it in a wide range of leadership settings including business, communication, team leadership, social sciences, and management. The degree program is offered both in the classroom lecture and distance learning modes.
A graduate with a Bachelor of Arts in Professional Development will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively to meet professional goals and objectives.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply an interdisciplinary framework of analysis to the decision making process.
- Demonstrate a broad-based knowledge of one or more fields of study applicable to the defined learning goals.
The minimum requirements for a Bachelor of Arts in Professional Development are:
- 33 semester hours must be completed at Amberton University.
- 42 semester hours must be at the 3000/4000 level, 27 of which must be completed at Amberton University and applicable to the degree.
- 120 semester hours for a degree.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.00 is required.
|I. General Education Requirements:||45 Hours|
|Behavioral Science (Psychology or Sociology)||3 hours|
|Communication (must include oral communication skills Selected from: COM3401 or COM4405)||3 hours|
|Computer Concepts (fundamentals course)||3 hours|
|English (ENG 1001, 1002 plus 6 hours of writing)
Six (6) hours of writing may be selected from: COM3461 or COM4441 or ENG2006
|History and/or Government||6 hours|
|Mathematics (1013 and 1014 or the equivalent)||6 hours|
|Natural Science||6 hours|
|II. General Electives||33 Hours|
|(1000 - 4000 level)|
|III. Major Requirements||42 Hours|
|Forty-two (42) hours of 3000 or 4000 level courses selected by the student from one or more of the following areas:|