The Power and Wisdom of LoveBack to Course Guide
The course discusses love from both a personal and societal perspective. Students are encouraged to examine how love operates in their own lives through a series of lecture-discussions, group exercises, and personal self-assessments. During the course, students are expected to be able to understand and apply relational principles to real life situations.
UPON COMPLETION OF THE COURSE, THE STUDENT WILL BE COMPETENT IN:
- Defining time-tested principles of respectful power, situational wisdom, and healthy love.
- Describing individual benefits of becoming a loving person.
- Knowing the differences between healthy and unhealthy love and being able to apply true loving methods for self-protection, self-improvement, and personal success.
- Demonstrating a working understanding of practical text strategies and using them to better manage specific personal and/or real life instances.
- Taking responsibility for one’s attitudes and actions, and productively correcting wrongs and forming better habits.
- Implementing desired goals, realistic expectations, and committed outcomes to achieve a happier, healthier and more enriched life.
- Mentally analyzing strategies to better balance self/others needs and expectations.
- Exploring degrees of love within friendships, family, and spousal relationships.
- Understanding, respecting, nurturing, and appreciating relational differences.
- Encouraging and helping others to demonstrate healthy loving attitudes, expressions, and actions.
- Knowing how to practice consideration, compassion, service, and emotional support with reasonable giving.
- Creating uplifting, happy, and fun moments together in both intimate and non-intimate relationships.
- Wisely communicating with a loving attitude, with sincere listening, and with meaningful feedback.
- Applying biblical teachings of godly love.
- Practicing a healthy, harmonious, and loving balance in all relationships.
- Continuing to positively grow a loving relationship by seeking wise counsel through good books and inspired others who serve as excellent examples.