Development of Training ProgramsBack to Course Guide
The course provides the student with the 21st century developments in training, research and practice including the strategic role of training and the use of new technologies.
UPON COMPLETION OF THE COURSE, THE STUDENT WILL BE COMPETENT IN:
- Examining the forces influencing the workplace and learning, various training design processes, and key roles for training professionals.
- Defining how business strategy influences the type and amount of training in organizations, strategic training and development process, and the business embedded model for organizing the training function.
- Identifying the role of the organization analysis, person analysis, and task analysis in needs assessments.
- Developing competency models and the process used to develop them.
- Understanding adult learning theories, program designs, learner outcomes and implication of learning theory for instructional design.
- Examining a wide range of learning activities and actions to improve organizational effectiveness, individual performance and learning.
- Appraising the latest technology in the delivery of training programs.
- Developing an instruction using a curriculum road map, lesson plan, design document, and concept.
- Designing application assignments and action plans to enhance learning and transfer of training.
- Identifying outcomes to evaluate a training program, process used to plan and implement a good training evaluation, strengths and weaknesses of different evaluation designs.
- Understanding the current role of workforce analytics and dashboards in determining the value of training practices.
- Analyzing effective OJT, self-directed learning, web-based training, e-learning, mobile learning and simulations.
- Identifying benefits of learning managements systems, formal education programs, training partnerships and corporate university systems.
- Examining legal issues, managing diversity and career challenges that impact organizations and training departments.
- Identifying future trends influencing trainers, training delivery, embedded learning and administration.
- Utilizing current technology to develop models and strategies for conducting cost-benefit analysis and return on investment (ROI) related to human resources training and development programs.