International MarketingBack to Course Guide
This course provides students the concepts necessary to recognize the impact and rationale for international marketing. The course will explore the connection between international trade and marketing and highlights how consumers, suppliers, and competitors are exposed to international marketing. After briefly exploring the theories and foundations of marketing, students will learn the nuances of culture, world trade policy, economic factors, market factors and global branding. Several international marketing concepts will be addressed. Topics include the importance of world trade, opportunities and challenges of international marketing, cultural analysis, market characteristics, ethical issues, globalization drivers, international research, organizational considerations, product management, advertising, promotion, sales, logistics, communication, social responsibility, and trends.
PREREQUISITES: BUS3310 or MKT3151
UPON COMPLETION OF THE COURSE, THE STUDENT WILL BE COMPETENT IN:
- Understanding the rationale behind international marketing.
- Comprehending the role of international institutions.
- Defining and demonstrating the effect of culture’s various dimensions on business.
- Understanding population, infrastructure, geographic features, and involvement.
- Recognizing the effects of government regulations.
- Comprehending the drivers of global consumers.
- Comparing and contrasting domestic and international research.
- Understanding the effects, benefits, and repercussions of entering international markets.
- Determining the need for controls in international operations.
- Understanding the differences and linkages between goods and services.
- Seeking a direct connection between target consumer and businesses.
- Understanding how pricing can serve as a means for international strategy.
- Recognizing the impact of technology for buying and selling products internationally.
- Acknowledging the importance of social media and its success strategies in international marketing.
- Exploring the responsibility of international marketers towards society.
- Comprehending strategic efforts marketers must undertake to stay ahead of key trends.
- Understand the linkages behind international marketing and international trade.
- Understanding how businesses act as change agents in the diverse cultural environments.
- Understanding the differences in social media use around the world.
- Examining how international marketing can cure the effects of past mistakes for a better future.