Master of Business Administration in General Business
Degree Plan Details
The Master of Business Administration degree in General Business develops analytical business and general managerial skills within a broad-based business curriculum. Building upon the foundational disciplines of Economics, Finance, Management and Marketing, students customize their program with electives in Business Administration. Graduates will use this highly versatile degree in a wide range of leadership settings including consulting, small businesses, domestic companies and international corporations. The degree program is offered both in the classroom lecture and distance learning modes.
A graduate with a Master of Business Administration in General Business will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of contemporary business issues on a national and international level.
- Apply sound business concepts and management techniques to the strategic management of organizations.
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct relevant research appropriate to the discipline.
- Demonstrate knowledge of ethical issues and decision-making skills.
The minimum requirements for a Master of Business Administration in General Business are:
- 24 semester hours applicable to the degree must be completed at Amberton University.
- 36 semester hours to complete program, excluding prerequisites.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 is required.
|I. Program Prerequisites||12 Hours|
|Prerequisite to the M.B.A. program is a bachelor's degree in business; otherwise, the student must have had either the following courses or their equivalent or must take the classes.|
|BUS3104 Statistical Analysis I||3 hours|
|BUS3305 Management Processes & Information Systems||3 hours|
|BUS3310 Market Structure & Competitive Analysis||3 hours|
|BUS4113 Accounting & Finance for Managers||3 hours|
|II. Required Graduate Studies||6 Hours|
|RGS6035 Theory & Application of Research Methods||3 hours|
|RGS6036 Ethics for Decision Making||3 hours|
|III. Major Requirements: |
|Business Administration Electives
(Selected from courses with the following prefixes: BUS, ECO, FIN, MGT, MKT)
|Economics (ECO)||3 hours|
|Finance (FIN)||3 hours|
|Management (MGT)||3 hours|
|MGT6203 Strategic Management*||3 hours|
|Marketing (MKT)||3 hours|
(Excluding Program Prerequisites)
*This course has a prerequisite of 15 semester hours of Advanced Business.