Master of Business Administration in Management
Degree Plan Details
The Master of Business Administration degree in Management prepares business leaders with analytical skills combined with human relations competencies necessary to compete in a global environment. The curriculum, offered in both classroom lecture and distance learning modes, emphasizes solutions to real world problems as students are prepared for middle and upper management positions. Graduates possess the knowledge and skills for leadership positions in executive management, sales and marketing, human resource management, consulting and financial management.
A graduate with a Master of Business Administration in Management will be able to:
- Apply innovative business and management concepts to strategic organizational issues.
- Apply critical thinking skills to organizational problem definition, context clarification, solution identification and evaluation in the decision making process.
- Demonstrate knowledge of ethical issues and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct relevant research appropriate to the discipline.
The minimum requirements for a Master of Business Administration in Management are:
- 24 semester hours applicable to the degree must be completed at Amberton University.
- 36 semester hours to complete program, excluding prerequisites.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 is required.
|I. Program Prerequisites||12 Hours|
|Prerequisite to the M.B.A. program is a bachelor's degree in business; otherwise, the student must have had either the following courses or their equivalent or must take the classes.|
|BUS3104 Statistical Analysis I||3 hours|
|BUS3305 Management Processes & Information Systems||3 hours|
|BUS3310 Market Structure & Competitive Analysis||3 hours|
|BUS4113 Accounting & Finance for Managers||3 hours|
|II. Required Graduate Studies||6 Hours|
|RGS6035 Theory & Application of Research Methods||3 hours|
|RGS6036 Ethics for Decision Making||3 hours|
|III. Major Requirements: |
|Business Administration Electives
(Selected from courses with the following prefixes: BUS, ECO, FIN, MGT, MKT)
|Economics (ECO)||3 hours|
|Finance (FIN)||3 hours|
|Management (MGT)||15 hours|
|MGT6203 Strategic Management*||3 hours|
|Marketing (MKT)||3 hours|
(Excluding Program Prerequisites)
*This course has a prerequisite of 15 semester hours of Advanced Business.