Director for Student Services
Amberton University, a leader in adult oriented education since 1971, offers bachelor’s and master’s degrees at the main campus in Garland, TX, the University’s center in Frisco, TX, and online.
The Director will be responsible for the oversight and efficient operations of the Student Services Office of Amberton University at the Garland campus. The main objective of the Director is to articulate the purpose, programs, regulations, and student services of Amberton University to current and potential students.
The duties of the Director include, but are not limited to the following:
- Identify, assist in selection, and train a staff of qualified personnel and maintain an efficient office environment that will accomplish the primary objective.
- Ensure the proper staffing of the Student Services Office per University policies and to promptly meet the needs of current/prospective students.
- Advise and recommend services and programs that will improve the primary objective.
- Advise the administration on all matters affecting the Student Services area, including providing regular written and oral reports.
- Recommend and administer the budget for the Student Services area.
- Administer the Veterans Education Benefits program for eligible students by serving as a School Certifying Official (SCO) and providing accurate information to veterans, monitoring and certifying enrollment of veterans, and maintaining appropriate student files.
- Administer the University’s Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and SEVIS programs by serving as a Designated School Official (DSO) and maintaining international student files per Federal regulations.
- Report and maintain enrollment records in SEVIS each session for all international students.
- Assist with compliance audits performed by various outside entities (VA Commission, SEVP, etc.)
- Serve on committees and special task forces relative to the Student Services area.
- Supervise and participate in student advising for current as well as prospective students.
- Supervise and coordinate the registration process as needed.
- Work in partnership with the Enrollment Management Office in developing, implementing, and improving the University’s virtual information sessions.
- Work in conjunction with other University departments to assist current/prospective students.
- Supervise and participate in the contacting of current students and the recruitment of potential students.
- Assist Student Advisors, as needed, in handling of student complaints and other student issues.
- Assist students with basic computer issues with the University’s technology systems.
Qualifications: Experienced in the areas of human relations and student advising; Sufficient managerial experience that would likely produce the required knowledge, skills, abilities, and qualifications required for the position.
Education: Master’s degree preferred; Bachelor’s degree required.
Location: Garland, TX
Contact: Submit employment application (http://www.amberton.edu/forms/frm_emp.pdf), resume, cover letter, and list of references to:
1700 Eastgate Drive
Garland, TX 75041
Amberton University is an Equal Opportunity Employer