Financial Aid Counselor - Garland
Amberton University, a leader in adult oriented education since 1971, offers bachelor’s and master’s degrees at the main campus in Garland, TX, the University’s center in Frisco, TX, and online.
The Financial Aid Counselor is responsible for the coordination and processing of financial aid information for current and prospective students. Assist in the administering of financial aid to students via private education loans and Federal financial aid packages and the Department of VA.
- Ability to meet deadlines and maintain a high level of accuracy, professionalism and customer service
- Assist in managing the daily administration of the Federal Pell Grant, Direct Loan, and private education loan programs, including review/correction of COD information, error reports/rosters, disbursements to students, record retention and reporting requirements.
- Counsel all prospective/current students in all matters concerning financial aid, including the application process, eligibility requirements, loan and grant options, and loan repayment requirements.
- Ensure compliance with laws, regulations, accreditation standards, and professional guidelines regarding student enrollment and financial aid.
- Communicate effectively with students via email, telephone call, by mail or in person.
- Award applicants federal, state, and institutional aid in accordance with student eligibility and institutional, federal and state policies.
- Provide Entrance and Exit Loan Counseling to financial aid students.
- Represent the Financial Aid Office during orientation activities and other activities on- and off-campus.
- Assist in administering the Veterans Education Benefits program for eligible students by providing accurate information to veterans, monitoring and certifying enrollment, and maintaining appropriate student files.
- Experience working in a financial aid office, customer service experience and sufficient experiences that would likely produce the required knowledge, skills, abilities, and qualifications required for the position.
- Must be current on repayment of all educational loans.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
Location: Garland, TX
Contact: Submit employment application, resume, cover letter, and list of references to:
1700 Eastgate Drive, Garland, TX 75041
Amberton University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Amberton University operates in accordance with Christian principles and considers it unethical, as well as illegal, to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion*, age, sex, nondisqualifying handicap, or national or ethnic origin in admissions, employment opportunities, educational programs, or activities which it operates.
*While Amberton does not discriminate on the basis of religion concerning admission, the University does discriminate on the basis of religion concerning employment. Because the University is committed to Christian ethics, a Christian belief is required of employees.