Dr. Deborah A. Hill
I am passionate about empowering and sharing knowledge to enable every person, who would like to learn, the exposure and opportunity to do so.
ContactEmail Dr. Deborah A. Hill
Academic and Professional Degrees Earned
Doctorate of Management
- University of Phoenix
Master of Public Policy and Administration
- Jackson State University
- Jackson State University
My Unique Approach to Education
My unique approach to education is to instruct by using theory (historical framework), background, and experiences to ensure students can apply the knowledge gained in some aspect of their daily lives.
As a young child, I became interested in science. I enrolled in every science course in high school that was offered. My dream was to become a pediatrician. I received a degree in Biology from Jackson State University. My four undergraduate years in college were filled with endless and exciting courses in biology, physics, chemistry, botany, zoology, and human anatomy and physiology. After receiving that degree, I decided that I would like to enroll in business courses. I enrolled in a relatively new program at the university entitled Public Policy and Administration.
The program and text books were written by a professor on campus. This program exposed me to numerous opportunities. I was chosen as a Federal Summer Intern and worked for the Carter Administration in Washington, D.C. The exposure to government agencies and my experience in D.C. changed my career course. I decided to pursue government policy instead of medicine.
I have worked as a management analyst (Federal Government), academic coordinator (Dean) for a private business school, placement job director, order administrator (Xerox Corporation), Community Services Director, Public Information Director, Volunteer Services Director, and Regional Community Relations Specialist for the Texas Health and Human Services. I am currently working on research to assist government agencies to become more effective in the policies that they administer.
- Bachelor of Arts in Professional Development
- Bachelor of Business Administration in General Business
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Management
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Human Relations And Business
- Master of Arts in Professional Development
- Master of Business Administration in General Business
- Master of Business Administration in Management
- Master of Business Administration in Strategic Leadership
- Master of Science in Family Studies
- Master of Science in Human Relations and Business
- Master of Science in Human Resources Training & Development
- Master of Science in Managerial Science
- Master of Business Administration in International Business
- Master of Science in Human Resource Management
- BBA+MBA in Accounting
- Masters of Business Administration in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration in Entrepreneurship