Dr. Di Ann Sanchez
I'm passionate about Human Resources Leadership and I love teaching.
ContactEmail Dr. Di Ann Sanchez
Academic and Professional Degrees Earned
Ph.D., Organization and Management with a specialization in Human Resources
- Capella University
M.A., Organizational Management
- University of Phoenix
B.A., Political Science
- University of California at Los Angeles
"Dr. Sanchez nationally educates and speaks to business leaders on 'Attracting, Engaging and Retaining the Hispanic Workforce.'"
My Unique Approach to Education
"My teaching philosophy is a blend of theory and application. Over my 30 years in corporate America and rigorous advanced education, I have learned both Organizational Management and Human Resources theories and how they have or have not applied. These past years as an instructor, I have focused on student learning by giving them the knowledge of the theories and facilitating understanding by sharing business stories."
Dr. Sanchez received 2018 Top Minority Business Leaders Award for Tarrant County. She was named by the Hispanic Business magazine as one of the "Top 50 Hispanic Women in Business", one of the "Top 80 Elite Hispanic Women", and "Top 100 Latinas in America". She was highlighted in the Hispanic Journal Magazine recognizing her accomplishments in Human Resources and Diversity at American Airlines and has been featured in “USA Today” seeking to improve the current process of employment verification, and encouraging comprehensive immigration reform.
She has also been featured on Fox News Business Career Accelerator where she discussed the topic “Love Contracts in the Workplace.” Dr. Sanchez educates and speaks to business and Human Resources leaders nationally on “Attracting, Engaging and Retaining the LatinX Workforce,” “Why Can’t We All Just Get Along! – Diversity and Generations in the Workplace,” and “Managing a Global Workforce.” Contribution to research: “The changing U.S. Workforce: The Growing Hispanic Demographic and the Workplace”by SHRM and the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute. The SHRM Foundation and the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) Project, “Use of Workforce Analytics for Competitive Advantage.”
Dr. Sanchez holds a Bachelor's Degree in Political Science from the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA), a Master's Degree in Organizational Management from the University of Phoenix, and a Ph.D. in Organization and Management with a specialization in Human Resources from Capella University. She is a national instructor for the Institute for Applied Management & Law (IAML) teaching the Essentials of Human Resources Management Certification, UTA, and SMU Adjunct Professor, and a Division Chair and Professor at Amberton University.
Dr. Sanchez is active in the Society of Human Resources (SHRM) by serving as Texas Legislative Advocacy Captain, has developed test questions for the Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI), and has actively served on the national SHRM Expertise Panels. Furthermore, Dr. Sanchez is a Rotarian – Community Outreach Committee, Board Member for the Aids Outreach Center of Tarrant County, Workforce Solutions of Tarrant County, Boys and Girls Club of Greater Tarrant County, Girl Scouts of Texas Oklahoma Plains Board of Directors and Vice President of the Board of Directors North Texas Area Community Health Centers and an Advisor for SMU Latino Leadership Initiative.
- Bachelor of Arts in Professional Development
- Bachelor of Business Administration in General Business
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Management Accounting
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Project Management
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Human Relations And Business
- Master of Business Administration in General Business
- Master of Business Administration in Management
- Master of Business Administration in Project Management
- Master of Business Administration in Strategic Leadership
- Master of Science in Human Relations and Business
- Master of Science in Human Resources Training & Development
- Master of Science in Managerial Science
- Master of Business Administration in International Business
- Master of Science in Human Resource Management