Dr. Karen Houdashell
I'm passionate about service to others.
ContactEmail Dr. Karen Houdashell
Academic and Professional Degrees Earned
- University of North Texas
M.B.A., Business Adminstration
- Our Lady of the Lake University
B.A., Secondary Education
- Washburn University
"My challenge is to create an atmosphere where each student contributes to the depth and perspective of the course..."
My Unique Approach to Education
I believe that each student brings different life experiences to the learning environment. My challenge is to create an atmosphere where each student contributes to the depth and perspective of the course, applies theories and principles learned, as well as develops an insatiable thirst for knowledge that ripples beyond their experience at Amberton.
Karen M. Houdashell is Director for Institutional Assessment at Amberton University. She joined Amberton University in 2008 as an adjunct professor in the Business Division. She has a broad corporate background that spans more than 27 years. The majority of her career was at AT&T in roles related to customer satisfaction, benefits administration, professional development, analysis and metrics, industry relations, succession planning, training, human resources administration, training and development, safety, total quality management, engineering, and labor relations. She also served as the point of contact for the American Council of Education and coordinated the evaluation of in-house training for equivalent college credit.
- Bachelor of Arts in Professional Development
- Bachelor of Business Administration in General Business
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Management Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Human Relations And Business
- Master of Business Administration in Strategic Leadership
- Master of Science in Family Studies
- Master of Science in Human Relations and Business
- Master of Science in Human Resources Training & Development
- Master of Science in Managerial Science