Dr. Kathryn Tinius
I'm passionate about helping students reach their educational goal at Amberton University!
ContactEmail Dr. Kathryn Tinius
Academic and Professional Degrees Earned
Doctorate of Education
- Texas Woman’s University
Master of Liberal Arts
- Sothern Methodist University
Bachelor of Arts
- Baylor University
"I approach each aspect of teaching with enthusiasm and humor..."
My Unique Approach to Education
I approach each aspect of teaching with enthusiasm and humor along with a student-centered focus for practical skill development in preparation for life-long learning.
Dr. Tinius holds a B.A. for Baylor University, an M.L.A. from SMU., and an Ed.D. from TWU. She has spent over 35+ years in the field of education both in the classroom and in administration. She began teaching 5th grade with Mesquite ISD and later moved from the classroom to serve as a Central Officer Administrator coordinating a wide variety of programs completing her career there as the Administration Officer for Planning Improvement. In addition, she taught Reading Improvement at Eastfield Community College for 10 years and has now been with Amberton University since 2006.
At Amberton, she teaches numerous Research Methods classes in addition to HRT and HBD classes and served as the Director of the QEP for 5 years. In addition, Dr. Tinius serves on the Dean’s Board for the Baylor University Louise Herrington School of Nursing and is a member of the Board of Advocates for the Baylor University College of Arts and Science. She lives in Dallas where she is involved in professional and civic organizations. She and her husband are active members at Wilshire Baptist Church.
- Master of Arts in Professional Counseling
- Master of Arts in School Counseling
- Master of Business Administration in General Business
- Master of Business Administration in Management
- Master of Arts in Professional Development
- Master of Business Administration in Strategic Leadership
- Master of Science in Family Studies
- Master of Science in Human Relations and Business
- Master of Science in Human Resources Training & Development
- Master of Science in Managerial Science
- Bachelor of Science in Human Relations And Business
- Master of Business Administration in International Business