Dr. Lesly F. Massey
I'm passionate about good times with my family, followed by helping people, research, writing, and speaking.
ContactEmail Dr. Lesly F. Massey
Academic and Professional Degrees Earned
Ph.D., Religion (focus on the status of women in Christianity)
- University of Natal
M.T.S., Theological and Ministerial Studies
- Brite Divinity School at TCU
M.A., New Testament
- Abilene Christian University
B.A., double major Biblical Studies and Psychology
- University of South Africa
"...have the courage to ask challenging questions."
My Unique Approach to Education
I believe in encouraging students to take a step back from where they are (intellectually, emotionally, and spiritually) and to have the courage to ask challenging questions. Learning is all about exploring new territory, and then rethinking what you thought you knew.
I am an ordained minister with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), serving as senior minister with a church in Dallas. I worked in African missions for thirteen years, and I was also project administrator for a non-profit organization called Bread for a Hungry World, doing relief and development work in countries like Haiti, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Ethiopia, Kenya, and Botswana. I have taught at Amberton University fifteen years. My wife and I have three grown children and two grand-children, all living in the Dallas area. I have published three books: God and the Working Man (Star: 1983), Women and the New Testament (McFarland, 1991), and Women in the Church: Moving Toward Equality (McFarland, 2002). A fourth, Woman in New Testament Cultural Backgrounds, is scheduled for publication in 2015.
- Bachelor of Arts in Professional Development
- Bachelor of Business Administration in General Business
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Management Accounting
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Project Management
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Human Relations And Business