Dr. Lesly F. Massey
“I am passionate about learning, teaching, nurturing others, travel, writing, and good times with family and friends.“
ContactEmail Dr. Lesly F. Massey
Academic and Professional Degrees Earned
Ph.D., Religion (focus on the status of women in Christianity)
- University of Natal
M.T.S., Theological and Ministerial Studies
- Brite Divinity School at TCU
M.A., New Testament
- Abilene Christian University
B.A., double major Biblical Studies and Psychology
- University of South Africa
"...have the courage to ask challenging questions."
My Unique Approach to Education
"I believe in encouraging students to take a step back from where they are (intellectually, emotionally, and spiritually) and to have the courage to ask challenging questions. Learning is all about exploring new territory, and then rethinking what you thought you knew."
Dr. Massey is an ordained minister with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). Semi-retired, he now serves churches as an interim or part-time minister. His background includes thirteen years in African missions as well as three years as project administrator with Bread for a Hungry World, doing relief and development work in numerous developing countries. Les has taught at Amberton University since 2000.
Dr. Massey is married with three adult children children and three grandsons. He has published four academic books: God and the Working Man (Star: 1983), Women and the New Testament (McFarland, 1991), Women in the Church: Moving Toward Equality (McFarland, 2002), and Daughters of God, Subordinates of Men: Women and the Roots of Patriarchy in the New Testament (McFarland, 2015). He has also written two recent journal essays: “Paul and Christian Worship In Light of Romans 12:1” (Churchman,Summer, 2016) and “Alexander Campbell’s View of Women” (Priscilla Papers, Fall, 2016).
- Bachelor of Arts in Professional Development
- Bachelor of Business Administration in General Business
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Management Accounting
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Project Management
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Human Relations And Business