Dr. Sherry Latson
I'm passionate about teaching prospective counselors to be effective agents of positive change.
ContactEmail Dr. Sherry Latson
Academic and Professional Degrees Earned
- University of North Texas
- UT Austin
B.S., Special Education
- Texas Woman's University
My heart has always been in working with children (and the people who work with them). I began my career as a special education teacher in Plano, TX. I found I was particularly interested in helping students develop socially and emotionally, so I went back to school to work on my masters in counseling at UT-Austin. I worked as a school counselor for Garland ISD for six years, and then decided to broaden my knowledge and work towards a Ph.D. in counseling. I completed my doctorate at University of North Texas with a specialization in counseling children and families.
Besides private practice, I have worked for Hockaday School and for Richardson ISD as an elementary school counselor. I enjoy all the different populations and settings I work with. I find teaching at Amberton very energizing because the students are so eager and excited about learning.
- Master of Arts in Professional Counseling
- Master of Arts in Professional Development
- Master of Arts in School Counseling
- Master of Business Administration in Strategic Leadership
- Master of Science in Family Studies
- Master of Science in Human Relations and Business
- Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy