Financial Information

As an independent institution, Amberton University receives no support from taxation. Funds for educational operations come from the tuition and fees paid by students and from gifts and grants from concerned individuals and organizations.

Financial information is included in the Schedule of Classes issued by Amberton University prior to the beginning of each session. Detailed information concerning tuition, fees, and other expenses that might be incurred while attending Amberton University is included in the schedule.

The Schedule of Classes can be obtained by visiting Amberton University or, upon request, it will be mailed. Schedule information is also listed on the University’s web site.

The Student Account

All costs of tuition and fees are due and payable at the time of enrollment. Cash, personal or company check, and major credit cards (MasterCard and Visa) are accepted as forms of payment. Students who can prove financial integrity to the satisfaction of the University may make application to defer their educational costs when registering. To be considered for deferred payment options, a student must have an acceptable credit history. Information on payment options is supplied with the registration packet and on the University’s web site. A finance charge of 3/4 of 1% will be calculated on all unpaid balances as of the last business day of each month after all credits, charges, and payments have been applied.

Any student whose account becomes delinquent or who is in any manner indebted to the University may be withdrawn from classes or denied enrollment, at the University's discretion. All University records, including transcripts and diplomas, will be removed from active records and withheld until full payment of the account is made.

Refund Policy

A student who officially drops a class during the first week of the regular ten-week session will be entitled to a full refund of tuition. A student who drops during subsequent weeks will be refunded at the following rates:

  • WEEK 2 - 80%
  • WEEK 3 - 60%
  • WEEK 4 - 40%
  • WEEK 5 - 20%

After The Fifth Week, No Refund Is Due.

The refund schedule is based on the beginning date of the session and continues for five (5) consecutive weeks.

For sessions that are less than ten weeks duration, the refund schedule will be stated in the session’s publications.

To be considered official, the class drop must be in writing and signed by the student requesting the drop; no drop is accepted verbally. The official date of the drop is the date the written notice is formally received by the University, NOT the postmarked date or the date stated in the notice. The University's record concerning a drop is indisputable, unless the student can provide reliable evidence of an earlier receipt date.

An official drop may be submitted by completing the Request for a Change of Schedule form or by written notice containing the student's name, signature, I.D. number, and course(s) to be dropped. The notice may be faxed, mailed, e-mailed, or hand delivered to the University. (Refer to the University’s web site for the fax number and e-mail information.) For the student's convenience, the notice may be submitted in the Student Services Office (Garland Campus and Frisco Center) or placed in one of the designated drop boxes located inside and outside the Garland Main Campus facility.

Military Students and Unearned Tuition Assistance

Once the University is notified of unearned TA funds, the funding is returned to the appropriate funding source. The University has a pro-rated refund schedule through the first five (5) weeks of each session.  After the fifth week of a given session, there is no tuition refund given to students who officially withdraw. When a student officially withdraws during the first week of a session, there is a 100% refund of tuition charges. During the next four (4) weeks, the amount of tuition refund reduces to 80%, then 60%, 40%, and 20%. If a student has a credit balance due to withdrawing and TA funds were previously received, the student can request a refund and provide the University with information on where to send the refund. Service members who have to withdraw during a session due to receiving deployment orders or other military service obligations must inform the University of this when they withdraw and the University will work with the student on the tuition charges for the affected session to ensure the service member does not incur a student debt. Unearned TA funds will be returned on a proportional rate based on the percentage of the session completed up to 60% of the session completed.

Payment And Cashing Checks

Students may pay their institutional charges with cash, a check, or a credit card. However, in the event a check is not honored by the bank on which it is written or a credit card authorization is rejected, the student will be immediately notified and assessed a handling fee. The student will be given ten days to make the payment good. If payment is not made when requested, the student's entire account balance becomes due and payable, and the student is subject to immediate suspension. The University reserves the right to specify what method of payment (personal check, cash, money order, etc.) will be required of each student. Excessive amounts of change or currency, non-U.S. funds, and two-party checks will not be accepted. The University does not:

  1. cash checks for personal needs
  2. accept checks that are temporary or postdated
  3. give cash back on checks that are for amounts greater than the amount owed.

Records Expunged For Delinquent Accounts

All records of academic performance are the property of Amberton University and are maintained or disposed of in whatever way the University deems appropriate. The University has determined that it has no responsibility or obligation to maintain the academic records of a person declared financially delinquent. Any student who is declared delinquent in payment of his/her financial account will have his/her academic records expunged. All obligations owed or deemed appropriate by the University must be satisfied before the University will consider restoration of expunged records. Students should contact the Student Services Office to discuss university records and financial obligations.

Great! Wait! Let's Get You the Info You're Looking For.

Advisors can help provide you answers.

972-279-6511 972-279-6511

Flexible In-Person Options Designed for Working Adults


Conveniently Online