DISABILITY SERVICES FOR STUDENTS
Amberton University is designed for the working adult. The facility and services offered should accommodate students who can function in the work place. While limited funds and no federal or state support limits the reasonable accommodation Amberton University can provide to disabled students, the institution continues to develop its facilities and services to meet the needs of disabled, working adults.
ADMISSION FOR STUDENTS WITH DISABILITES
- Identify on the application (space provided) the disability status.
- Submit documentation of the disability
- Be prepared to meet the academic performance standards of the class after an accommodation is provided.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY OFFICE
- Evaluate the disability and the appropriate accommodation.
- Submit a verification letter to the student and faculty outlining the accommodation considered appropriate for both the University and student.
- Submit a verification letter to other offices (library, etc.) as appropriate for accommodating the student and services.
- Store records of students with disabilities in a safe and confidential area.
In accordance with the American With Disabilities Act (ADA), please attach a description of the nature of your disability and the special accommodation required to your Application for Admission. When anapplication is received, along with this information, the Vice President for Strategic Services will review the information and contact the applicant concerning available services.