Bachelor of Science in Applied Studies
Degree Plan Details
The Bachelor of Science degree in Applied Studies is available to transfer students who have completed a block of twenty-one (21) semester hours in a designated field of study. Students must complete twenty-seven (27) semester hours from the disciplines of Business Administration, Human Behavior and Development or Communication at the 3000/4000 levels. This degree enables students to combine a concentration of lower-level coursework with the upper-level university credits in three designated areas resulting in an application oriented degree program. The degree program is offered both in the classroom lecture and distance learning modes.
A graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Applied Studies will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to combine technical expertise and business administration and human behavior competencies to arrive at appropriate, effective decisions.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively to meet organizational goals or objectives.
- Apply the technical and cognitive skills necessary to remain relevant in the workplace.
The minimum requirements for a Bachelor of Business Science in Applied Studies are:
- 33 semester hours must be completed at Amberton University.
- 42 semester hours must be at the 3000/4000 level, 27 of which must be completed at Amberton University and applicable to the degree.
- 120 semester hours for a degree.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.00 is required.
|I. General Education Requirements||45 Hours|
|Behavioral Science (Psychology or Sociology)||3 hours|
|Communication (must include oral communication skills)
Selected from: COM3401 or COM4405
|Computer Concepts (fundamentals course)||3 hours|
|English (ENG 1001, 1002 plus 6 hours of writing)
Six (6) hours of writing may be selected from: COM3461 or COM4441 or ENG2006
|History and/or Government||6 hours|
|Natural Science||6 hours|
|II. General Electives||27 Hours|
|III. Applied Requirements||48 Hours|
|A block of 21 semester hours must be transferred to Amberton University from a specific field of study. Then, 27 semester hours must be completed at Amberton University at the 3000/4000 levels selected from any of the Business Administration, Human Behavior & Development or Communication course offerings.|