Bachelor of Business Administration in General Business
Degree Plan Details
The Bachelor of Business Administration degree in General Business provides a solid core of general business courses while allowing maximum flexibility in program design to meet career goals. The General Business degree is widely recognized by corporations as the most versatile of the various degree plans. Students who graduate with this degree are prepared for careers where broad business knowledge and understanding are combined with effective problem-solving skills. The degree program is offered both in the classroom lecture and distance learning modes.
A graduate with a Bachelor of Business Administration in General Business will be able to:
- Apply a broad range of general business knowledge to make informed decisions in a competitive environment.
- Apply the technical and cognitive skills necessary to remain relevant in contemporary business practices and issues.
- Apply sound business concepts and theories in a variety of organizational settings.
The minimum requirements for a Bachelor of Business Administration in General Business are:
- 33 semester hours must be completed at Amberton University.
- 42 semester hours must be at the 3000/4000 level, 27 of which must be completed at Amberton University and applicable to the degree.
- 120 semester hours for a degree.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.00 is required.
|I. General Education Requirements||45 Hours|
|Behavioral Science (Psychology or Sociology)||3 hours|
|Communication (must include oral communication skills)
Selected from: COM3401 or COM4405
|Computer Concepts (fundamentals course)||3 hours|
|English (ENG 1001, 1002 plus 6 hours of writing)
Six (6) hours of writing may be selected from: COM3461 or COM4441 or ENG2006
|History and/or Government||6 hours|
|Mathematics (1021 and 1022 or the equivalent)||6 hours|
|Natural Science||6 hours|
|II. General Electives||21 Hours|
|III.Major Requirements||54 Hours|
|A. Business Core||24 hours|
|Accounting Principles (ACC)||6 hours|
|Economics Principles (ECO)||6 hours|
|Finance (3000/4000 level) (FIN)||3 hours|
|Marketing (3000/4000 level) (MKT)||3 hours|
|BUS3101 Business Law||3 hours|
|BUS3104 Statistical Analysis I||3 hours|
|B. Advanced Business Administration courses|
|selected from 3000/4000 level||30 hours|
|(Selected from courses with the following prefixes: ACC, BUS, ECO, FIN, MGT, MIS, MKT)|