Bachelor of Business Administration in Project Management
Degree Plan Details
The mission of the Bachelor of Business Administration in Project Management program is to provide career professionals with the opportunity to develop project management best practices as well as the business, communication, and leadership skills necessary to manage projects and teams for the purpose of helping organizations achieve strategic goals. Graduates of this program will acquire a pragmatic foundational understanding of the project management tools and techniques needed to achieve successful project outcomes to effect positive change in nearly every facet of their personal and professional lives.
A graduate with a Bachelor of Business Administration in Project Management will be able to:
Demonstrate an understanding of project-based solutions to business problems and opportunities to achieve strategic performance goals of an organization.
- Synthesize the threats and opportunities of internal and external factors in the creation of project-level and enterprise-level risk management and quality management plans.
- Explain the project life cycle from initiation to closure, as presented in the PMBOK, that would meet stakeholder requirements and achieve the objectives of the project.
- Assess the impact of project leadership and communication on social, economic, and environmental factors that contribute to sustainability in project management.
- Demonstrate the ability necessary to produce project management outputs in accordance with established practices for conducting projects within an organization.
- Appropriately apply professional practices for ethical, cultural, and socially responsible conduct by project management practitioners.
The minimum requirements for a Bachelor of Business Administration in Project Management are:
- 33 semester hours applicable to the degree must be completed at Amberton University.
- 42 semester hours must be at the 3000/4000 level, 27 of which must be completed at Amberton University and applicable to the degree.
- 120 semester hours for a degree.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.00 is required.