The DEI Certification Program is ideal for students and business leaders who want to enhance their ability to understand and apply Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion strategies within an organization. A strategic DEI management plan helps an organization make the most of its diversity by creating an inclusive, equitable, and sustainable culture and work environment. The DEI Certification studies the power of diversity within an organization, fosters a DEI environment vital to organizational success, prepares students to respond to global demands, and to anticipate DEI-driven change in HR, Training and Development. Through the application of theory and a concentrated focus, substantial Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion programs lead to higher performance, creativity, and cohesion among employees in diverse organization settings. The four-course DEI certification curriculum focuses on the foundations and implementation of DEI, cultural communications, the global workforce, and generational challenges related to DEI. This certification assists students in the development of a DEI Strategy, along with the execution of DEI measurements and metrics. Students acquire the basic knowledge necessary for successful DEI management and implementation strategies by understanding diversity, vision, mission, strategies for change, strategic alliance partnerships, corporate social responsibility, and employee recruitment and development.
Amberton Students completing a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Certification will be able to:
- Analyze and apply diversity metrics in a DEI strategic plan and synthesize large amounts of DEI-related data from many sources.
- Effectively communicate DEI-related cultural implications to an organization’s management, employee workforce, customer base and suppliers/vendors.
- Understand how to integrate and apply a DEI perspective to an organization’s vision, mission, strategy, Human Resources best practices, and business operations practices.
- Demonstrate knowledge of ethical issues and apply decision-making skills as they relate to DEI in modern organizations.
- Conduct relevant research appropriate to the understanding of DEI development and implementation to leverage employee diversity in modern organizations.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Certification Courses: 12 Credit Hours