Data Analytics for AccountantsBack to Course Guide
The Data Analytics for Accountants – Students will develop a framework for using data analytics to increase efficiency, manage risk, and identify process improvements for their organizations and clients. Students will work through case studies related to financial accounting, managerial accounting, internal auditing, and auditing to expose them to uses of descriptive, diagnostic, predictive, and prescriptive analytics.
UPON COMPLETION OF THE COURSE, THE STUDENT WILL BE COMPETENT IN:
- Defining main logical thinking concepts related to financial data analytics.
- Exploring main components of financial data and extract-transform-load (ETL) processes.
- Explaining main concepts of data mining related to financial data.
- Describing and performing data analysis concepts and models.
- Demonstrating ability to extract, transform, and load data.
- Determining and interpreting appropriate predictive and prescriptive analysis.
- Describing and performing data visualization techniques.
- Demonstrating ability to communicate accounting data analysis results.
- Demonstrating awareness of data ethics issues.
- Demonstrating knowledge of, and the essential ability to respond to change in the world of digital tools and technologies.
- Demonstrating problem-solving skills utilizing data analysis for various accounting case studies.
- Reviewing trends in data analysis.