Advanced Managerial AccountingBack to Course Guide
How To Register
Talk to an Advisor
The Advanced Managerial Accounting course will focus on problem-solving for managerial accounting issues. Students will prepare for the role accountants have in planning and control of the organization. Students will also develop knowledge about and develop proficiencies in efficient techniques in analysis for decision making using cost information and economic insight. Students will also develop effective ways to communicate results and uphold ethical principles.
UPON COMPLETION OF THE COURSE, THE STUDENT WILL BE COMPETENT IN:
- Understanding cost concepts, terminology, and measurement techniques for managers.
- Designing and interpreting the results of a Key Performance Indicators (KPI) dashboard.
- Applying What-If analysis assumptions.
- Demonstrating ability to apply logical thinking to interpret and create conditional statements and apply relational concepts.
- Understanding the behavioral implications in the organization relating to the budget.
- Preparing a cash budget.
- Integrating economic theory into pricing decisions.
- Evaluating investment projects.
- Performing a cost volume profit analysis.
- Evaluating stakeholders’ interests and recommending a course of action by developing relevant questions, examining bias, calculating probabilities and weighting, and comparing and engaging alternative and iterative analysis.