Managerial CommunicationBack to Course Guide
How To Register
Talk to an Advisor
The course explores the relationship between management and communication, providing students with the skills to improve their management communication skills.
UPON COMPLETION OF THE COURSE, THE STUDENT WILL BE COMPETENT IN:
- Analyzing the communication styles of successful managers.
- Identifying barriers to managerial communication and suggesting solutions for these problems.
- Researching topics relevant to managerial communication which can improve interpersonal relationships in business.
- Ascertaining how personalities affect communication.
- Differentiating among diverse theories of leadership and management.
- Explaining how communication styles affect the workplace.
- Comparing managerial theories and determining their strengths and weaknesses.
- Summarizing motivational theories to determine how to influence employees in business.
- Listing sources of power within the organization and suggesting ways to improve personal power and influence.
- Determining how to build stronger interpersonal relationships between management and employees.
- Determining how to build stronger relationships with colleagues in the organizational setting.
- Exploring how ethics affect communication in business.
- Interpreting how the employee’s and the manager’s values affect communication.
- Examining methods of solving conflict in the workplace.
- Developing a plan for effective organizational communication.
- Using information technology skills to research topics relevant to management and communication.