The Power and Wisdom of LoveBack to Course Guide
The course discusses love from both a personal and societal perspective. Students are encouraged to examine how love operates in their own lives through personal self-assessment, by applying text recommendations to personal needs and goals, and by sharing issues and ideas in a lecture class setting or in an online discussion forum. During the course, students are expected to be able to understand and apply relational principles to real life situations.
UPON COMPLETION OF THE COURSE, THE STUDENT WILL BE COMPETENT IN:
- Defining time-tested principles of respectful power, situational wisdom, and healthy love.
- Describing individual benefits of becoming a loving person.
- Knowing the differences between healthy and unhealthy love and being able to apply true loving methods for self-protection, self-improvement, and personal success.
- Demonstrating a working understanding of practical text strategies and using them to better manage specific personal and/or real life instances.
- Applying proven methods to form better habits by taking responsibility for one’s attitudes and actions and productively correcting personal wrongs.
- Implementing desired goals, realistic expectations, and committed outcomes to achieve a happier, healthier and more enriched life.
- Mentally analyzing strategies to better balance self/others needs and expectations.
- Exploring degrees of love within friendships, family, and spousal relationships.
- Understanding, respecting, nurturing, and appreciating relational differences.
- Encouraging and helping others to demonstrate healthy loving attitudes, expressions, and actions.
- Knowing how to practice consideration, compassion, service, and emotional support with reasonable giving.
- Creating uplifting, happy, and fun moments together in both intimate and non-intimate relationships.
- Wisely communicating with a loving attitude, with sincere listening, and with meaningful feedback.
- Using biblical teachings of godly love to enhance personal effectiveness.
- Practicing a healthy, harmonious, and loving balance in all relationships.
- Continuing to positively grow a loving relationship by seeking wise counsel through good books and inspired others who serve as excellent examples.