The Power and Wisdom of LoveBack to Course Guide
The course discusses love from both a personal and societal perspective. Students are encouraged to examine how love operates in their own lives through personal self-assessment, by applying text recommendations to personal needs and goals, and by sharing issues and ideas in a lecture class setting or in an online discussion forum. During the course, students are expected to be able to understand and apply relational principles to real-life situations.
UPON COMPLETION OF THE COURSE, THE STUDENT WILL BE COMPETENT IN:
- Defining time-tested principles of respectful power, situational wisdom, and healthy love.
- Describing individual benefits of becoming a loving person.
- Knowing the differences between healthy and unhealthy love and being able to apply true loving methods for self-protection, self-improvement, and personal success.
- Demonstrating a working understanding of practical text strategies and using them to better manage specific personal and/or real-life instances.
- Applying proven methods to form better habits by taking responsibility for one’s attitudes and actions and productively correcting personal wrongs.
- Implementing desired goals, realistic expectations, and committed outcomes to achieve a happier, healthier, and more enriched life.
- Mentally analyzing strategies to better balance self/others needs and expectations.
- Exploring degrees of love within friendships, family, and spousal relationships.
- Understanding, respecting, nurturing, and appreciating relational differences.
- Encouraging and helping others to demonstrate healthy loving attitudes, expressions, and actions.
- Knowing how to practice consideration, compassion, service, and emotional support with reasonable giving.
- Creating uplifting, happy, and fun moments together in both intimate and non-intimate relationships.
- Wisely communicating with a loving attitude, with sincere listening, and with meaningful feedback.
- Using biblical teachings of godly love to enhance personal effectiveness.
- Practicing a healthy, harmonious, and loving balance in all relationships, including the difficult ones.
- Continuing to positively grow a loving relationship by seeking wise counsel through good books and inspired others who serve as excellent examples.