Development of Training ProgramsBack to Course Guide
The course provides the student with 21st-century developments in training, research and practice including the strategic role of training and the use of new technologies.
UPON COMPLETION OF THE COURSE, THE STUDENT WILL BE COMPETENT IN:
- Examining the forces influencing the workplace and learning, various training design processes, and critical roles for training professionals.
- Defining how business strategy influences the type and amount of training in organizations, strategic training and development process, and the business embedded model for organizing the training function.
- Identifying the role of the organization analysis, person analysis, and task analysis in needs assessments.
- Developing competency models and the process used to create them.
- Understanding adult learning theories, program designs, learner outcomes and implication of learning theory for instructional design.
- Examining a wide range of learning activities and actions to improve organizational effectiveness, individual performance, and learning.
- Appraising the latest technology in the delivery of training programs.
- Developing an instruction using a curriculum road map, lesson plan, design document, and concept.
- Designing application assignments and action plan to enhance learning and transfer of training.
- Identifying outcomes to evaluate a training program, the process used to plan and implement a proper training evaluation, strengths, and weaknesses of different evaluation designs.
- Understanding the current role of workforce analytics and dashboards in determining the value of training practices.
- Analyzing effective OJT, self-directed learning, web-based training, e-learning, mobile learning, and simulations.
- Identifying the benefits of learning management systems, formal education programs, training partnerships, and corporate university systems.
- Examining legal issues, managing diversity and career challenges that impact organizations and training departments.
- Identifying future trends influencing trainers, training delivery, embedded learning, and administration.
- Utilizing current technology to develop models and strategies for conducting a cost-benefit analysis and return on investment (ROI) related to human resource training and development programs.
- Applying the concepts related to the critical evaluation of training programs in order to properly evaluate.
- Reviewing solutions to potential obstacles to successful implementation of training programs.