Diversity, Equity & Inclusion FoundationsBack to Course Guide
This course provides students with the core skills necessary to examine diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) in the global workplace. Students will investigate the diversity, strategic alliance partnerships, corporate social responsibility, employee recruitment and development, and the power of diversity within modern organizations.
UPON COMPLETION OF THE COURSE, THE STUDENT WILL BE COMPETENT IN:
- Identifying trends in the working-age population, particularly as they relate to emerging trends in DE&I.
- Examining the global demographics trends and the impact on workforce diversity.
- Discussing the educational trends and workforce diversity.
- Describing the differences between equality and fairness in employment.
- Exploring the challenges of managing diversity in the Global context.
- Defining diversity management, diversity management paradigms, and the inclusive workplace.
- Discovering the impact of diversity training programs on productivity and business performance.
- Developing effective cross-cultural communication.
- Analyzing how to integrate and apply the DE&I perspective to Human Resources best practices.
- Understanding the theoretical perspectives of discrimination and affirmative action.
- Examining the practical implications of diversity legislation.
- Conducting relevant research appropriate to understanding DE&I development to leverage employee diversity.
- Demonstrating knowledge of ethical issues related to DE&I in a global organization.