Negotiation Skills for ManagersBack to Course Guide
This course presents skills for a variety of negotiating situations: managing contracts, implementing change, making sales purchases, settling organizational conflicts, planning strategies, and achieving credibility The class prepares the student to understand different types of negotiations, how to strategically negotiate from a managerial and professional perspective and create value in the negotiating process..
UPON COMPLETION OF THE COURSE, THE STUDENT WILL BE COMPETENT IN:
- Identifying negotiatory elements and discussing the reasons they are important to the process.
- Identifying and recognizing personal strengths and weaknesses which have an impact on the negotiating process.
- Exploring the various tactics used by negotiators.
- Analyzing why negotiations fail.
- Contrasting effective and ineffective teamwork in negotiations.
- Illustrating how to keep the negotiation on track.
- Analyzing the important elements of a complete, written, negotiated agreement.
- Understanding how to deal with other parties in various power positions.
- Distinguishing between distributive and integrative negotiations and its functions.
- Mastering and utilizing the language of negotiation and the importance of nonverbal communication.
- Preparing and constructing a logical plan of action based on the needs of each party.
- Understanding the value of the resistance and walk away points and how to utilize it effectively and eliminate emotions.
- Illustrating the importance of communication and personal presentation during negotiations.
- Illustrating how to effectively negotiate in an ethical manner.