Operations ManagementBack to Course Guide
The course presents skills necessary for achieving a competitive advantage in both manufacturing and service industries. Topics include organizational design, customer service, setting strategic goals, and managing foods and services to both employees and customers.
UPON COMPLETION OF THE COURSE, THE STUDENT WILL BE COMPETENT IN:
- Analyzing manufacturing and service operations management within industries.
- Describing theories governing the role of operations management within a business firm.
- Developing product and process operations strategies at the corporate and global level.
- Applying decision-making techniques to operations including forecasting and capacity planning.
- Describing principles related to process versus product management functions.
- Determining the quality and accuracy of external source data used in forecasting techniques.
- Applying statistical process control methods to production forecasts and budgets.
- Developing capacity planning tools including methods to lower costs and improve profitability.
- Developing location analyses based on production demands derived from sales, warehouse, and transportation requirements.
- Identifying principles, concepts, and techniques of operations as applied to sales, production, and distribution systems.
- Analyzing materials management and the impact of inventory systems on organizational operating performance and profitability.
- Defining strategies for innovative changes related to production and materials management including complex projects.
- Developing materials management programs related to service controls, customer service, and communication.
- Describing the logistics function in a supply-chain setting.
- Identifying Technological Issues in Operations Management.
- Identifying Operational Sustainability Requirements.
- Understanding how supply change management influences efficiency and productivity of operations and techniques to address supply change challenges.
- Evaluating solutions to address current trends in operations management.
- Understanding international management theories and how they can be applied anywhere in the world.