Project Uncertainty & Value DeliveryBack to Course Guide
(FORMERLY MGT4503 PROJ RISK & TIME MGMT)
The course presents the core components within the project uncertainty and delivery domains. Topics include managing uncertainty, risk, and change, as well as the delivery of project value. The course adds new concepts and methods to those learned in previous project management courses and integrates and expands the topics of project uncertainty and value delivery using case studies, exercises, and real-world experiences
UPON COMPLETION OF THE COURSE, THE STUDENT WILL BE COMPETENT IN:
- Discussing ethical decision-making and moral leadership in the project uncertainty and delivery domains.
- Defining and discussing the uncertainty and delivery management processes.
- Distinguishing among and identifying various types of uncertainty.
- Understanding uncertainty management techniques.
- Discussing, quantifying, and prioritizing uncertainty affecting the likely outcomes of a project.
- Understanding methods and tools to manage project uncertainty, ambiguity, complexity, and volatility.
- Discussing techniques to implement and monitor an ongoing schedule control process for the purpose of responding to unplanned changes.
- Understanding methods for performance measurement within the delivery domain including adaptive, predictive and hybrid models.
- Understanding key approaches to manage key project outcomes.
- Understanding and developing project estimation tools and techniques.
- Understanding and developing project delivery tools and techniques.