Project Delivery ApplicationsBack to Course Guide
How To Register
Talk to an Advisor
This course provides the student with an opportunity to demonstrate academic achievement and practical knowledge of project approaches, models, and artifacts for effective and efficient project value delivery. In this course, students demonstrate their ability to integrate and utilize project management knowledge accumulated in prior coursework through the selection and completion of a course project. Students apply their knowledge by developing and presenting project justification, a project development approach, and other project delivery artifacts that describe how to manage and complete the course project.
PREREQUISITE: MGT6151, MGT6152
UPON COMPLETION OF THE COURSE, THE STUDENT WILL BE COMPETENT IN:
- Preparing project selection and justification documentation.
- Defining Projects as Value Delivery Systems.
- Completing the process of tailoring and documenting a project from inception through completion.
- Creating a valid and reliable method for addressing project issues, problems, and situations.
- Determining the proper project value delivery approach for implementing the course project.
- Determining the proper level of project governance and oversight functions of the performing organization.
- Integrating project cost budgeting activities across the project.
- Planning and implementing a risk management approach for projects.
- Performing project stakeholder engagement and communication activities.
- Performing project risk identification and mitigation activities.
- Performing project management planning processes.
- Performing project team management and leadership activities.
- Developing a requirements management system.
- Establishing effective project metrics and measuring project performance.