Management: Responsibilities and PracticesBack to Course Guide
This course presents an intensive exploration of management as a systematic, disciplined process used to accomplish organizational goals. Topics include elements of the management system, organizational theory, and global management, centralized and decentralized authority, and evaluating various types of work groups and teams.
UPON COMPLETION OF THE COURSE, THE STUDENT WILL BE COMPETENT IN:
- Demonstrating an in-depth understanding of managerial functions and the management process through casework applications.
- Demonstrating an ability to apply approaches to management thought and leadership theories by examining evolution and challenges.
- Demonstrating an in-depth understanding of managerial competencies.
- Analyzing the impact of various environmental influences on the management of organizations.
- Demonstrating knowledge of global considerations in organizational management.
- Demonstrating an in-depth understanding of performance management.
- Comparing and contrasting the advantages and disadvantages of various types of work groups and teams.
- Demonstrating knowledge of organizational culture and how it affects the management of organizations.
- Demonstrating knowledge of organizational control systems.
- Analyzing strategic and operational management process and demonstrating creative problem solving and decision-making abilities.
- Analyzing resources capabilities within a competitive environment.
- Analyzing strategy formation at the business and corporate levels.
- Demonstrating knowledge of organizational behavior through power, politics, conflict, and stress strategy formation.
- Demonstrating an understanding of organizational ethics and social responsibility.
- Analyzing organizational challenges such as quality productivity, job satisfaction, and organizational design.
- Designing and managing an adaptive organization.
- Applying the concepts related to critical evaluation of organizational issues or initiatives.
- Demonstrating the ability to apply business acumen in various contexts.
- Identifying leadership in managerial positions and the impact on decision making.