Operations AnalyticsBack to Course Guide
This course will provide the student with an overview and framework for understanding the principles of operations analytics. Students will be provided with an introduction to strategies that support the utilization of data to profitably match supply with demand through a given enterprise. In doing so, students will acquire competencies in the area of operations analytics through the review, application, and evaluation of the theories, strategies, tools, and methods that comprise the operations analytics body of knowledge. Course topics build on the origins, philosophy, and best practices of operations analytics to include analytical methods necessary to effectively employ enterprise applications such as analysis matrices, operation structures, artificial intelligence, key performance indicators, data analysis software, network diagramming, cost analysis, and targeting.
UPON COMPLETION OF THE COURSE, THE STUDENT WILL BE COMPETENT IN:
- Identifying and evaluating influential literature relevant to operations analytics topics.
- Synthesizing and applying universal ethical principles to operations analytics in modern organizations.
- Identifying, evaluating, and applying operations analytics principles and techniques within the context of the modern organization.
- Understanding the implications of producing valuable insights for decision-making based on in-depth analyses of large amounts of internal and external data.
- Discuss the importance of using operations analytics to create business value.
- Understanding how to create and build an organization that prioritizes operations analytics in the decision-making process.
- Analyzing, evaluating, and applying stakeholders’ feedback to prioritize and improve future operations analytics applications.
- Analyzing, evaluating, and applying operations analytics best practices for effective and informed decision-making in modern organizations.
- Discuss the importance of the role the customer has in data analysis and decision-making.
- Identifying and applying appropriate operations analytics tools and software to meet various strategic operational goals.
- Discussing the importance of leveraging operations analytics data to better enable organizations o understand customer demands and needs.
- Discussing the future of operations analytics and integration of artificial intelligence in analyzing big data.
- Identifying, evaluating, and applying effective methods and techniques for digital operations analytics.
- Understanding the difference and applicability between competitive intelligence and digital intelligence with respect to operations analytics.