Advanced Agile Project ManagementBack to Course Guide
This course provides students with an opportunity to demonstrate academic achievement and practical knowledge of Agile project management tools, techniques, and processes necessary for effective and efficient product delivery. In this course, students demonstrate their ability to integrate and utilize Agile project management knowledge accumulated in prior course-work through the selection and completion of a course project. Students apply their knowledge by developing and presenting project justification, Agile product delivery plan, and other Agile project management artifacts that describe how to manage and complete the course project.
MGT6505 Agile Project Management
MGT6515 Agile Frameworks
MGT6520 Agile Methods
UPON COMPLETION OF THE COURSE, THE STUDENT WILL BE COMPETENT IN:
- Identifying and evaluating influential literature relevant to advanced agile project management topics.
- Understanding universal ethical principles as applicable in the application of Agile project management in society.
- Identifying, evaluating, and applying Agile principles and mindset within the context of the project team and organization.
- Understanding the implications of producing valuable project results by producing high-value increments for review, early and often, based on stakeholder priorities.
- Discussing the importance of engaging current and future interested Agile project stakeholders through building a trusting environment that aligns their needs and expectations and balances their requests with an understanding of the cost/effort involved.
- Discuss contract and procurement management for Agile projects.
- Analyzing, evaluating, and application of stakeholders’ feedback to prioritize and improve future product development increments.
- Evaluating stakeholder participation and collaboration throughout the Agile project life cycle.
- Analyzing, evaluation, and application of agile practices for effective coordination and informed decision making in the Agile project management context.
- Creating an environment of transparency, trust, and conflict resolution that promotes team self-organization and cultivates a culture of high performance.
- Producing and maintaining an evolving Agile project management plan, from initiation to closure, based on goals, values, risks, constraints, stakeholder feedback, and review findings.
- Discussing the Agile practice of continuous identification of problems, impediments, and risks.
- Discussing the importance of evidenced based learning (inspection and adaptation) in Agile projects.
- Discussing continuous improvement of quality, effectiveness, and value of the product, the process, and the team in the Agile project management context.