Master of Science in Agile Project Management
Degree Plan Details
The Master of Science in Agile Project Management (MS/APM) degree is ideal for individuals who want to enhance their ability to successfully manage complex traditional and agile projects. Grounded in general management principles, MS/APM program is a study of project management that provides students with the capability to master advanced traditional and agile project management techniques. The curriculum focuses on contemporary traditional and agile project management theories and practice. Students acquire knowledge of the project management tools, techniques, and processes necessary to effectively initiate, plan, execute, control, and close organizational projects and succeed as agile project management practitioners. MS/APM graduates are prepared to fulfill traditional project management, agile project management, and leadership roles in modern organizations. The Master of Science in Agile Project Management is accredited by the Project Management Institute Global Accreditation Center, and is one of the first degrees focusing on Agile Project Management to hold this prestigious recognition.
A graduate with a Master of Science in Agile Project Management degree will be able to:
- Analyze and apply the project management processes of initiating, planning, executing, monitoring/controlling, and closing relevant to traditional and agile project management.
- Write and/or orally communicate project management documents and information clearly and concisely.
- Integrate and apply agile project management tools and techniques to projects within organizations.
- Understand and examine knowledge of agile project management theory and its implications for project management practitioners.
- Demonstrate knowledge of ethical issues and apply decision-making skills.
- Conduct relevant research appropriate to traditional and agile project management.
The minimum requirements for a Master of Science in Agile Project Management are:
- 24 semester hours applicable to the degree must be completed at Amberton University.
- 30 semester hours for a degree.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 is required.
|Prequisities (BBA or the following course)|
|MGT4495 Project Management Foundations||3 hours|
|Required Graduate Studies (6 hours)|
|RGS6035 Theory & Application of Research Methods||3 hours|
|RGS6036 Ethics for Decision Making||3 hours|
|Major Requirements (6000 level courses 18 hours)|
|MGT6145 Advanced Project Management Foundations||3 hours|
|MGT6151 Project Initiating & Planning||3 hours|
|MGT6505 Agile Project Management||3 hours|
|MGT6515 Agile Frameworks||3 hours|
|MGT6520 Agile Methods||3 hours|
|MGT6525 Advanced Agile Project Management||3 hours|
|Electives (6 hours)|
|Business Administration Electives
(Selected from courses with the following prefixes: ACC, BUS, ECO, FIN, MGT, MKT)