Master of Business Administration in General Business
Degree Plan Details
The Master of Business Administration degree in General Business develops analytical business and general managerial skills within a broad-based business curriculum. Building upon the foundational disciplines of Economics, Finance, Management, and Marketing, students customize their program with electives in Business Administration. Graduates will use this highly versatile degree in a wide range of leadership settings including consulting, small businesses, domestic companies, and international corporations. The mission of the Master of Business Administration in General Business program is to prepare students to succeed in business by providing a curriculum that focuses on integrating theory, research, and application to current real-world business issues. The program concentrates on educating the students on the concepts of accounting, economics, finance, marketing, management, business law, statistical analysis, critical thinking, and problem-solving. This program is offered 100% online.
A graduate with a Master of Business Administration in General Business will be able to:
- Develop and apply a framework for identifying business issues and alternative solutions.
- Apply general knowledge of contemporary business concepts on both a national and international level.
- Identify and analyze relevant ethical issues and appropriate action(s).
- Conduct relevant research appropriate to the discipline.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the elements of finance, economics, management, accounting, business, administration, and research.
- Speak and write clearly, concisely, and analytically.
The minimum requirements for a Master of Business Administration in General Business are:
- 24 semester hours applicable to the degree must be completed at Amberton University.
- 36 semester hours for a degree, excluding prerequisite courses.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 is required.
|I. Program Prerequisites||3 Hours|
|Prerequisite to the M.B.A. program is a bachelor's degree in business; otherwise, the student must have had either the following course or the equivalent or must take the class.|
|BUS4605 - Business Acumen||3 hours|
|II. Required Graduate Studies||6 Hours|
|RGS6035 - Theory & Application of Research Methods||3 hours|
|RGS6036 - Ethics for Decision Making||3 hours|
|III. Major Requirements: |
|Business Administration Electives
(Selected from courses with the following prefixes: ACC, BUS, ECO, FIN, MGT, MKT)
|Economics (ECO6140 or ECO6250)||3 hours|
|Finance (FIN6186, FIN6290, or FIN5250)||3 hours|
|Management (MGT)||3 hours|
|MGT6203 - Strategic Management*||3 hours|
|Marketing (MKT) (Any 5000/6000 MKT course)||3 hours|
(Excluding Program Prerequisite)
*This course has a prerequisite of 12 semester hours selected from 5000/6000 level courses with the following prefixes: ACC, BUS, ECO, FIN, MGT, MKT.