Master of Science in Human Relations and Business
Degree Plan Details
The Master of Science in Human Relations and Business provides students with expertise in an interdisciplinary degree that balances the demands of business with the art of leading people. The adaptable curriculum, offered in both classroom lecture and distance learning modes, draws from the fields of business, communications, human development, counseling and human resources and training. Graduates will fill professional roles requiring expertise in business and human relations skills such as healthcare, communications, human resources, education, and training.
A graduate with a Master of Science in Human Relations and Business will be able to:
- Apply effective business skills dealing with human relations issues found within organizations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of successful communication channels and techniques used in dynamic organizations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of ethical issues and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct relevant research appropriate to the discipline.
The minimum requirements for a Master Science in Human Relations and Business are:
- 24 semester hours applicable to the degree must be completed at Amberton University.
- 36 semester hours for a degree.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 is required.
|I. Required Graduate Studies||6 Hours|
|RGS6035 Theory & Application of Research Methods||3 hours|
|RGS6036 Ethics for Decision Making||3 hours|
|II. Major Course Requirements|
|A. Business Administration Courses
(Selected from courses with the following prefixes: ACC, BUS, ECO, FIN, MGT, MKT)
|B. Communication Courses||6 Hours|
|C. Counseling, Human Behavior and Development, Human Resources and Training, Psychology Courses||9 Hours|