Master of Science in Human Resource Management
Degree Plan Details
Human resource management (HRM) is the process of employing people, training them, compensating them, developing policies relating to them, and developing strategies to retain them. As a field, HRM has undergone many changes over the last twenty years, giving it an even more critical role in today’s organizations. Strategic human resource has evolved into more business responsibilities in the organization. HRM practitioners are seen as a partner in organizational success, as opposed to a necessity for legal compliance or compensation. Strategic HRM utilizes the talent and opportunity within the human resource department to make other departments stronger and more effective. Strategic human resource management aligns with the goals of other departments and overall organizational goals. The mission of the program is to prepare individuals with careers as human resource managers, compensation and benefit managers, labor relations managers and directors of industrial relations. The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) has acknowledged that Amberton University’s Master of Science in Human Resource Management is fully aligned with SHRM’s HR Curriculum Guidebook and templates. The Society of Human Resource (SHRM) has outlined essential HP knowledge, skills, and abilities to be a proficient and strategic business HR professional. The MS-HRM can be completed 100% online.
A graduate with a Master of Science in Human Resource Management will be able to:
- Apply and identify federal, state, and local laws and regulations to prevent and solve problems and minimize risk ethically.
- Develop and analyze metrics and business data using Human Resource Management Systems (HRMS) to provide information and recommendations to utilize human capital and drive effective decision-making.
- Facilitate inclusion of employee engagement to expand and improve the contributions of employees.
- Design strategic solutions that align HR practices, stakeholders and business needs to create successful organizational performance.
The minimum requirements for a Master of Science in Human Resource Management are:
- 24 semester hours applicable to the degree must be completed at Amberton University
- 36 semester hours to complete the program
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 is required
|I. Required Graduate Studies||6 Hours|
|RGS6035 Theory & Application of Research Methods||3 hours|
|RGS6036 Ethics for Decision Making||3 hours|
|II. Major Course Requirements|
|MGT6177 Human Resource Management
|MGT6175 Management Responsibilities and Practice||3 hours|
|MGT6176 Compensation and Benefits Management||3 hours|
|MGT6172 Human Resource Management Law||3 hours|
|MGT6220 Managing the Global Workforce||3 hours|
|COM6303 Communicating for Results in Organizations||3 hours|
|MGT6430 Advanced Performance Management
|HRT6585 Facilitation and Consultation
|HRT6565 Development of Training Programs||3 hours|
|MGT6485 Human Resource Management Applications(Capstone course)||3 hours|