Master of Business Administration in Management
Degree Plan Details
The Master of Business Administration in Management prepares business leaders with analytical skills combined with human relations competencies necessary to compete in a global environment. The curriculum emphasizes solutions to real world problems as students are prepared for middle and upper management positions. Graduates possess the knowledge and skills for leadership positions in executive management, sales and marketing, human resource management, consulting and financial management. The mission of the Master of Business Administration in Management program is to prepare students for a seamless transition into various managerial roles through educational training in managerial ideology, principles, concepts, techniques, and ethical decision-making. The program teaches the students how to integrate these skills in a real-world business environment. The program may be completed through a combination of on-campus and online courses or 100% online.
A graduate with a Master of Business Administration in Management will be able to:
- Apply innovative business and management concepts and create solutions to organizational issues.
- Evaluate and validate strategic issues and solutions.
- Analyze and evaluate the impact of current business trends to remain competitive.
- Demonstrate knowledge of ethical issues and decision-making skills.
- Conduct relevant research appropriate to the discipline.
- Utilize various means of communication to convey business information ethically and professionally.
The minimum requirements for a Master of Business Administration in Management are:
- 24 semester hours applicable to the degree must be completed at Amberton University.
- 36 semester hours for a degree, excluding prerequisites.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 is required.
|I. Program Prerequisites||3 Hours|
|Prerequisite to the M.B.A. program is a bachelor's degree in business; otherwise, the student must have had either the following course or the equivalent or must take the class.|
|BUS4605 - Business Acumen||3 hours|
|II. Required Graduate Studies||6 Hours|
|RGS6035 - Theory & Application of Research Methods||3 hours|
|RGS6036 - Ethics for Decision Making||3 hours|
|III. Major Requirements: |
|Business Administration Electives
(Selected from courses with the following prefixes: ACC, BUS, ECO, FIN, MGT, MKT)
|Economics (ECO) (ECO6140 or ECO6250)||3 hours|
|Finance (FIN) (FIN6186, FIN6290, or FIN5250)||3 hours|
|Management (MGT)||15 hours|
|MGT6203 - Strategic Management*||3 hours|
|Marketing (Any 5000/6000 MKT course)||3 hours|
(Excluding Program Prerequisite)
*This course has a prerequisite of 12 semester hours selected from 5000/6000 level courses with the following prefixes: ACC, BUS, ECO, FIN, MGT, MKT.