Master of Business Administration in Project Management
Degree Plan Details
The Master of Business Administration in Project Management is ideal for individuals who want to enhance their ability to successfully manage complex projects. Grounded in general management principles, the MBA in Project Management program is a study of project management that provides students with the capability to master advanced project management techniques. The curriculum focuses on contemporary project management theories and practices. Students acquire knowledge of the project management tools, techniques, and processes necessary to effectively initiate, plan, execute, control, and close organizational projects. The mission of the Master of Business Administration in Project Management program is to provide students with competency in advanced project management techniques and to prepare graduates with the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed as project management practitioners in a global economy. The program may be completed through a combination of on-campus and online courses or 100% online.
A graduate with a Master of Business Administration in Project Management will be able to:
- Analyze and apply the project management processes of initiating, planning, executing, monitoring/controlling, and closing relevant to project management.
- Write and/or orally communicate project management documents and information clearly and concisely.
- Integrate and apply project management tools and techniques to projects within organizations.
- Understand and examine knowledge of project management theory and its implications for project management practitioners.
- Demonstrate knowledge of ethical issues and apply decision-making skills.
- Conduct relevant research appropriate to project management.
The minimum requirements for a Master of Business Administration in Project Management are:
- 24 semester hours applicable to the degree must be completed at Amberton University.
- 36 semester hours for a degree, excluding prerequisites.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 is required.
|I. Required Graduate Studies||6 Hours|
|RGS6035 Theory & Application of Research Methods||3 hours|
|RGS6036 Ethics for Decision Making||3 hours|
|II. Major Requirements||24 hours|
|MGT6151 Project Value Delivery Strategy & Planning||3 hours|
|MGT6152 Project Performance Management||3 hours|
|MGT6153 Project Uncertainty, Measurement & Delivery Models||3 hours|
|MGT6154 Project Delivery Applications||3 hours|
|Communication (Any 5000/6000 COM course)||3 hours|
|HBD6771 Conflict Management & Resolution||3 hours|
|HBD6776 Leadership Theories Practice||3 hours|
|MGT6203 Strategic Management*||3 hours|
|III. Electives (5000/6000 level)||6 hours|
|Business Administration Electives
(Selected from courses with the following prefixes: ACC, BUS, ECO, FIN, MGT, MKT)
*This course has a prerequisite of 12 semester hours selected from 5000/6000 level courses with the following prefixes: ACC, BUS, ECO, FIN, MGT, MKT.