Undergraduate Transfer Students Pathways from:

  1. Dallas College
  2. Collin College
  3. Tarrant County College
  4. Navarro College

Undergraduate Transfer Of Credits

Assuming work is allowed to transfer from an accredited institution, the following guidelines will be followed:

  1. Transfer work from another regionally accredited institution will be evaluated upon admission.
  2. No grade below C will be accepted as transfer work.
  3. Individual courses will be accepted but no grade points. Each Amberton University transfer student will begin with a new grade point average.
  4. No more than a total composite of eighty-seven (87) hours will be allowed in transfer toward any Amberton University degree.
  5. Students who duplicate a course accepted in transfer at Amberton University will lose the credits in transfer. Coursework completed at Amberton University will always take precedence over the transfer-equivalent credits.
  6. An (X) placed by a transfer course in the TCR report means that the course is accepted in transfer as equivalent to the designated Amberton University course but will not satisfy upper-level hour requirements.
  7. The age of transfer work may affect transferability.

Transfer Of Credits From Another Institution

Both qualitative and quantitative considerations are in¬volved in the transfer of credits from another institution. There is no automatic transfer of credits toward a degree at Amberton University. University officials will carefully evaluate work considered for transfer from other accredited schools. Only work from official transcripts (registrar's original signature and college seal) will be considered for transfer from other accredited schools recognized by Amberton University. Official electronic transcripts will be accepted from the educational institution or an approved third-party transcripting service. Electronic transcripts can be emailed to Transcripts@Amberton.edu. Electronic transcripts from students or unapproved third-parties will not be accepted by Amberton University All official academic transcripts to be considered for transfer credit must be submitted during the first session's enrollment. Students who fail to submit official transcripts during the first session's enrollment may not be able to use transfer work as credit toward a degree.

Military courses that are evaluated by the American Council on Education (ACE) as equivalent to graduate-level work are treated in the same manner as transferred credit. The number of credits awarded for courses recommended by ACE is at the discretion of Amberton University but will not exceed 12 semester hours.

Great! Wait! Let's Get You the Info You're Looking For.

Advisors can help provide you answers.

972-279-6511 972-279-6511

Flexible In-Person Options Designed for Working Adults


Conveniently Online